Thursday, October 16, 2014

Two Plants and a Dragonfly

During my first tour of the “Orti Urbani” my friend Ephraim was my guide, then he introduced me to Gabriele, the “botanist” of the gardens, who showed me a lot of plants I didn't know of, in a still untouched part of the land. Sadly, I was able to photograph and remember only a few.
Urban vegetable gardens, via Goito, Livorno

Urban vegetable gardens, via Goito, Livorno

Urban vegetable gardens, via Goito, Livorno
OK, that's not a plant and the picture is far from perfect, but the beast wasn't easy to catch...

External links: Rosa canina - Iris foetidissima (Wikipedia)
See also: Orti Urbani - Tobacco Plant - The Scarecrow - Jeans

13 comments:

Revrunner said...

Your patience paid off, VP.

William Kendall said...

Great capture on the dragonfly!

Michelle said...

Great work with the dragon fly! They are hard to photograph!

Randy said...

Wonderful shots. I love the dragonfly.

Jack said...

That is a very good dragonfly photograph. I don't even try. Too fast for me.

Dina said...

Beautiful shot of the gossamer wings.
How can anyone remember the Latin names of plants??

Karl said...

The dragonfly is well catched, VP, and I like also the “Iris foetidissima”, a plant I've not seen before.

Gunn said...

I think the image of the beast.... is well done.
Strange creator!:)

Stefan Jansson said...

It can be tricky to hunt down dragonflies, but you do probably need the exercise.

Babzy.B said...

a great serie ! :)

Tanya Breese said...

love that dragonfly!! and the pods are really pretty!

Birdman said...

Like those red seeds within the pod.

cieldequimper said...

Did you eat any of the rosehips?

This is a marvellous series VP, bravo!