Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Vintage Telephone

Old telephone, Borgo dei Cappuccini, Livorno
During my photographic walks it is not unusual to be asked why I am taking pictures, and sometimes an answer does not come easily. I was luckier last Sunday: photographing an old lamp in Borgo dei Cappuccini I met Alessandro, who introduced me to Gigi, the owner of an interesting collection of vintage items. We will see soon something more about this.

See also: Capuchins Walk - Raw Milk - Borgo Cappuccini - Santissima Trinità - Via degli Archi - B Like Borgo

10 comments:

Revrunner said...

Wonderful find, VP! I can't even remember when I last saw a rotary phone.

Michelle said...

I need one of these in my old house!

Taken For Granted said...

Great antique telephone. It must be from the 1930s or 1940s. It does have a rotary dial. Lovely fine.

Randy said...

They never lost a signal in the middle of a call. Granted there was no storm.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

This is an old beauty VP, looks like we're in for some treats ahead :)

cieldequimper said...

Of course, the question is whether this beauty still works!

Dina said...

A telephone in wood! Cool! I'd like to hear it ring.
That's wonderful about your chance meeting.

Halcyon said...

The walks are back? Can't wait to see (and hear) more!

Karl said...

A wonderful piece, an old phone with two "eyes".

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice step back in time. My great grandparents had the phone number 1 in Tungelsta century ago.