Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sovereign

MS Sovereign cruise ship, IMO 8512281, port of LivornoThe 268-meter “Sovereign of the Seas” was launched for Royal Caribbean International in 1987, at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique in Saint-Nazaire, France. In November 2008 the ship was transferred to the fleet of Pullmantur Cruises and renamed “Sovereign”.MS Sovereign cruise ship, IMO 8512281, port of LivornoIn January 1988, at the time of her maiden voyage, she was the largest cruise ship in the world.

Search labels: cruise ship
External links: MS Sovereign - Pullmantur Cruises - Royal Caribbean International - Chantiers de l'Atlantique (Wikipedia)

15 comments:

roentare said...

This cruise ship looks magnificent. Wish to be on there myself

Anonymous said...

As we will have a small cruise through the islands from Friday on, an interesting sight.
No, never been on one before. Please have a good Wednesday.

Dianne said...

A majestic cruise ship .... I guess you are in the perfect location to see these beaties of the seas.

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful VP!

Revrunner said...

Was that "beauties" or "beasties", Dianne? :-)

Jack said...

You see many cruise ships in Livorno, VP. If I had to take a cruise, I think I would like a ship this size, not the huge ones they are making these days.

Randy said...

That's one large ship.

Nori Katayama said...

Waooooo! So huge and loooooking gorgeous!

Cezar and Léia said...

Spectacular images!This is a huge and very elegant ship!
Léia

cieldequimper said...

I wonder how big the ships will be in 2028...

Birdman said...

They do have an amazing look. When they dock in the city, I always take a ride by... and dream.

Virginia said...

What a beauty. I"ve never taken a cruise. I'd love to try it though.
V

Gunn said...

I have seen her in Stavanger, not long ago.... :)
Good to see her again.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shot of a beautiful ship!

Unknown said...

Great shots of these... buildings! :-)