Friday, May 22, 2009

Primavera a Colline

Primavera a Colline, Livorno “Colline” is a quarter of Livorno, its name literally means “hills” and it is obviously placed in one of the flattest part of the city. This year they are starting a “Primavera a Colline” (spring in Colline) week, when it is almost already summer.Primavera a Colline, LivornoThis is always an occasion for some photos of the usual things you can find at these fairs: balloons, market stalls and food.
Croccante, brittle, LivornoThe “croccante” (crisp, crunchy) is our local version of brittle, with various kind of nuts and caramel available.
Brigidini, LivornoThe “brigidini” of Lamporecchio are sweet thin waffles made with flour, egg, sugar and a bit of anise. Legend says that these sweets came out from a kitchen mistake and made the fortune of this small town near Pistoia. Usually sold already packaged, sometimes “brigidini” are cooked on the spot on waffle irons.

16 comments:

That is the chicken said...

This post is making me hungry! All the food looks delicious! :)

joo said...

Looks delicious! It's not very rare that something really delicious comes fro mistake:)
Nice post!

Fio said...

Great idea to have a fun :)

cieldequimper said...

Fun sur la colline !

Lowell said...

That's funny about the name and being in the flat part of the city. But, I like the idea of a party...and this food all looks delicious. I've eaten peanut brittle and never "brigidini."

Hope they have a great week!

Summer doesn't start 'til June 21. ;-)

brattcat said...

All the food looks so delectable. I'd better go down and eat some breakfast instead of salivating on my computer.

B SQUARED said...

Looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

These photos of a (to me anyway) typical Italian market are a treat! I haven't tried the croccante before, but if it's as good as the Maltese version, that is a treat too:-)

Halcyon said...

I love fairs. It looks like there's a nice mix of different things. That food is making me hungry!

Saretta said...

We would have all the same things at a Molfettan fair, except for the brigadini...which look yummy!

Cezar and Léia said...

What a wonderful place! I would love shopping there!
Léia

crocrodyl said...

Nice captures:) I would like to taste these "croccante":)

Hilda said...

Looks like a wonderful market to visit! And you have just made me terribly hungry!

henny said...

Third image, I call that "croccante" "ting-ting" :).

Layrayski said...

I'd like one pack of brigidini please! =)

That second photo of balloons-- we have that one here in the Phil! In fact | posted a photo of it in my blog! Wow I think its amazing, I really thought its a local thing despite the disney characters haha

stromsjo said...

Flat hills! Every city should have one.