Sunday, March 15, 2009

Villa Azzurra

Villa Azzurra, Montenero, LivornoThe picturesque “Villa Azzurra” is a Liberty style villa in Montenero built in the first years of 20th Century.
Villa Azzurra, Montenero, LivornoThis is an update for this post, I just found this old postcard showing “Villa Azzurra” when it was called “Padiglione Bleu”.Old postcard, Villa Azzurra, Montenero, LivornoThe roof was more ornate than now and had several “spires”, but the rest of the building is practically the same.

See also: Montenero - Sanctuary of Montenero - Funicolare - Sagrato - Famedio - Piazza del Santuario

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is quite nice. I couldn't believe they were flowers on the building, but there they are.

cieldequimper said...

Oh, I love the flower details and the shutters!

Fio said...

Il posto ideale per passare un weekend romantico. Mancano solo i fiori vivi sul terazzo.
Oops... sono troppo esigente ;-)

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

this is so pretty and I would have never thought I would see flowers like this on a building. It looks like a fairy tale. I am glad you enjoyed the Desert Wildflower Chihuly exhibit on my site. Everybody loves Chihuly. I will keep posting more of Chihuly over time.

amatamari© said...

Belle le immagini di Villa Azzurra e bella pure la Villa!
Ci passerei volentieri qualche giorno a riposare...
:-)

Copenhagen said...

I'd like to stay at that house.

Baruch said...

Fancy you finding and old postcard of the building - that's awesome!

crocrodyl said...

Very interesting building! Great shots!